TOURS & TRIPS
Over the years one of the principal extracurricular activities of SAGE has been trips to various attractions around Southern California. Journeys have taken members as far north as Santa Barbara and as far south as San Diego.
The trips have been instrumental in providing social and cultural experiences outside of the SAGE classroom environment and have given members additional opportunities to interact with others in the organization.
Traveling jaunts have included visits to museums, special guided walks to learn more about downtown Los Angeles, theater parties, a tour of the reopened Griffith Observatory, a day at the Ojai Music Festival, and a docent-guided tour of the Southwest Museum prior to its closure.
As part of these experiences members have enjoyed lunches and dinners that have featured a variety of ethnic cuisines including Ethiopian, Filipino, Italian, Chinese, and American dining.
Some of the outings that have brought members together in recent years are the following:
- Griffith Observatory
- Ronald Reagan Library in Simi Valley
- Bowers Museum Holy Land Exhibit
- Bowers Museum Mummies of Ancient Egypt
- Nethercutt Museum in Sylmar
- Silent Movie Theater in Los Angeles
- Robinson Gardens in Beverly Hills
- Southwest Museum Tour conducted by one of our members
- Ojai Music Festival concert
- Hsi Lai Buddhist Temple in Hacienda Heights
- Santa Barbara Museum of Art
- Old Town Music Hall in El Segundo
- Once Upon a Mattress at Madrid Theater in Canoga Park
- Annie Get Your Gun at Madrid Theater
- Dirk at the Road Theater in North Hollywood
- Bush Is Bad at the NoHo Arts Center in North Hollywood
Los Angeles Conservancy Walks
- Pershing Square Highlights
- Spring Street National Register Historic District
- Union Station
- Broadway Theaters